By having a plan you can:
* Prevent the late afternoon/early evening scramble, while you try to put dinner together on the fly.
* Save money at the grocery store, avoid impulse purchases because you know exactly what you need.
* Avoid falling back on dinners out or purchased freezer meals, when the last minute preparation doesn’t quite come together.
* Co-ordinate the use of homemade sauces, perishable ingredients, etc. throughout the week, so that nothing is wasted. This is a time saver too.
* Planning can be especially helpful when you’re making dietary changes and are not yet familiar with your options.